Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday Jax

Today is Jackson's 6th birthday.  The Christmas decoration are already down to make his birthday as important as the holiday that proceeds it by 3 days.  Holiday birthday's are a challenge and we have two of them (Coop's is on the 3rd).    
December 28th, 2004 at 6:44 pm he came into our lives (much easier the second time around).  A little over 8 lbs and 20.5 inches, a little hair and chubby cheeks.  I can't remember many details about his birth day.  No complications,  a good eater, a very healthy boy.  He loved his green monkey mimi from the very beginning (all the boys call their blankets their mimi's).


Jackson seems to be everyone's favorite.  He loves to smile and laugh.  He asks a lot of questions...and follow up questions...and more follow up questions.  Please don't say something to him that might not be true, because he will remember and hold you to it.  
Jackson is our middle child.  He wants everyone to listen to him and you usually don't have a choice. My dad recently had a heart to heart with me about the inner workings of the middle child.  JJ is going to do everything first, Cooper is the baby, so we get to try harder to help Jackson feel successful and heard.  His feelings get hurt and he gets fixated on certain things very easily.   I am learning quickly how to distract him to keep his planets in alignment.  Jackson has no fear of things. He is willing to try new things without hesitation, and thankfully that includes new food.  


He is my helper in the kitchen and the garden.  He wakes up early on Sundays to go grocery shopping with me.  He is my snuggler and my craft and mess maker!  He tells me he is going to live with me forever, and I am holding him to that.
Happy Birthday 6th Birthday Jackson!  I love you.  You are going to have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment