Monday, January 3, 2011

Finally a Big Boy

January 3rd is Cooper's 3rd Birthday.  The day the sippy cups disappear and my little guy becomes a Big Boy.  
As I write this, he is resting his head on my shoulder and we are snuggling in bed. Jackson and his friend Luke are comfy in their sleeping bags watching a movie in the playroom and JJ is at Camp Gma and will be home this afternoon.
Cooper is our bonus baby. I sent Corey back to the store at least 5 times to buy more tests because they kept being positive. 
His birth story is a quick one. We went to our morning appointment and Dr. Betterton had us check into the hospital. With all 3 boys I was induced due to high blood pressure. They get me all hooked up to the bells and whistles, and pitocin drip.  We wait a bit, I get checked, nothing, pitocin seems to be taking it's own sweet time.  Couple hours go by, I am not sure the exact order but somewhere in there my parents arrive, Corey goes home to get the boys settled, nurse tells us it won't be until later in the night and then another nurse checks me. Woosh, she accidentally breaks my water.  The contractions begin and they are STRONG!  There is no stopping now. We get on the long list of people wanting epidurals, contractions are getting stronger and much closer.   Epidural guys arrives, I "talk" to Corey on the phone and strongly encourage him to speed back to the hospital or he may miss the birth. About 3:00 pm Corey and Dr. Betterton walk into the room and 11 minutes later out pops Cooper.   The epidural served no purpose.  Famous last words again from our doctor...."It really does get easier each time for you guys." 
Cooper Alan Anderson made his grand entrance into the world January 3, 2008 at 3:11 pm weighing in a tad over 7 pounds and 20 inches tall.  He is my snuggler and ball boy.   He could shoot at the living room hoop for hours, as long as someone rebounded for him.  He loves oatmeal and rice milk.  Every morning when he wakes up, "Milk mommy, milk daddy."  His favorite songs are Return of the Quack and Call me a Duck.  Elmo is his favorite monster and anything John Deere puts a smile on his face.  He loves recycling and garbage trucks and tackling his brothers.
Happy Birthday Cooper! Have an amazing day!

1 comment: