Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ugh

Today was a day.  One of those days that you wish you could wake up on the other side of the bed and do over.   The days is almost over, and persevere we will...until bedtime!

The boys were crazy this morning, forgetting what needed to happen to get themselves out the door and on their way to school.  It was Cooper's mud walk and I am amazed with myself for remembering to pack the extra change of clothes.  Words of love exchanged with the biggest boy about getting up a little earlier to help out, and more kind words exchanged about what is on his calendar this week.  Not the best time to have a chat about the weekly calendar, but I got my point across.

Email exchanges with Corey about various topics, my stress level rises...or was it my anxiety.   His email lists of upcoming events has nothing on my lengthy list of meetings and trainings. In Hollyworld, April-June are the busiest months.  Summer camp, summer camp, summer camp...and more summer camp, all planning:)

JJ arrives to my office in the afternoon (he was a stinker in the morning so he was going to spend the afternoon with me doing homework and reading).  He arrives upset.  He made a bad choice at school.  He tells me a gentle version of the story, in tears.  Knowing that I would be disappointed.   We talk.  I talk to his teacher.  He knows his consequences at school and at home.  No baseball practice, the first baseball practice.

Tough pants on, we make it through the afternoon.  He sits on the couch now, reading his First Shot book out loud.  Homework is corrected and almost complete.  Dinner is in the oven.  Jax and Coop are in the playroom playing grunge band.  I don't remember being such a a stinker when I was 8.  I wonder who he gets this from...

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! The not-so-great days only make the good ones shine brighter. :)

    ReplyDelete